Saturday, May 5, 2012

"No matter if you’ve burned it in protest, used it to brandish your bosoms with pride, bemoaned its biting brace, benefited from its enhancing boost, or bought one for a boo, the bra has an interesting biography." - As found on plannedparenthood.tumblr.com
I thought this sentence was interesting due to the author's usage of consonance in order to highlight the benefits of wearing bras. This stylistic choice was an interesting way to highlight a woman's issue, in my opinion.
My imitation would be:
"Regardless of the roughness of what the average person thinks of as rhetoric, (which is related to the right or wrong applications in everyday life), if we understand the richness of rhetorical analysis and the rhetorical situation, real change is within the realm of possibility."
For my imitation, I chose to focus on rhetoric and the rhetorical situation (which is what this class is about, of course). I chose to use that same alliteration and positivity of message of the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment