Sunday, February 26, 2012

Really Not That Different-Collin Raye

One of my friends posted these song lyrics on facebook and it stuck out to me because it is one of my favorite songs and I noticed some grammatical terminology in it:

I laugh, I love, I hope, I try,
I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry,
And I know you do the same things too,
So we're really not that different
Me and you.

These lyrics seem to have verb style since each phrase reflects an action. These lyrics are also parataxis. Each action is taking place but the order of actions is not in any specific or prioritized order. Lastly, these lyrics are an example of tacit persuasion in the fact that there is the constant "I". Therefore, as you climax in the lyrics you constantly see the pattern of "I" and then it switches to "and" and "so".

Prose Imitation:

I know you think we are different but I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry just the same as you. Although we seem different, we're really not that different, me and you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment