Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Guy from Will & Grace


"Flight attendants always ask, 'Are you someone famous?' I say, 'I look a little like [the] guy from Will & Grace.' And that's always what it is."

Better him than the guy from Dharma and Greg!  (Or are they the same person?)  And that's TWO shows I do not watch (or that is what I tell people... (I really don't)).  The tacit persuasion in this Tweet is that it implies Mr Stein is not famous.  And maybe he isn't except that he basically is (not Brad Pitt famous, but guy from Will and Grace famous).  There is also a not-very-interesting use of parataxis that implies this situation arises often, that his response and then the "that's always what it is" that is the end result of the situation, all implies an equality of importance.  The question, "you famous?", his reply, "nah", and the result, "that's what it is", are all on the same plane (no pun intended!), or playing field.  (Parenthesis!)

No comments:

Post a Comment