Wednesday, March 21, 2012

News

Week Feb. 28-Mar 6.--I wrote this post in my journal but forgot to post it on here, eek!

"Evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening' and then proceed to tell you why it isn't."

This was posted by one of my friends on Facebook, and it captivated me because for one it's true, and two, I liked the contrast within the sentence; and that's what makes it work. These one-liners deliver the punch in so little space like they do because the author understands how to get a point across in little room and make it stick with the reader by providing that strong contrast: good evening news and negative news delivery.

News broadcasting is full of anchors that smile and act like everything is rainbows and butterflies as they talk about robberies and bombings.

My imitation sought to imitate the contrast and irony as the original did.

No comments:

Post a Comment