Thursday, January 19, 2012

Famous Quote by Galileo Galilei

"We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves." -Galileo Galilei
I was looking for an inspirational quote for the field of teaching. When I found this particular quote it stuck with me and is something that I find to be true.

I like this quote because I am planning on teaching in a classroom someday and I will have to encourage students to strive for exellence and work hard to accomplish their learning goals. This quote is a reminder for me that my students already have the intellect and ability to accomplish anything I ask of them, I just have to encourage and push my students to believe in themselves and "discover" the possibilities of greatness within them. As for the style I like how Galilei is simple and to the point. He does not have to use a lot of words to get his point across and he is able to make a simple statement very profound. -Tiffany K.

No comments:

Post a Comment