Thursday, January 19, 2012

An interesting definition

"People ask why some inanimate objects are referred to as "she". Let's put it this way...if said object has the ability to: make you happy, take all your money, and end you (a.k.a. kill, maim, or ruin) it has deserved the right to be called "she". This is the closest definition I have found thus far..." - Cody H.

Cody often makes rather insightful comments and this one makes so much sense I couldn't help but be captivated. He tries very hard to be impersonal until the very end and then connects it back to his life. I don't know why bu while the ellipses drive me crazy I think these sentences wouldn't read in the same way without them. I also like his attempt to define the usage of "she" it's almost like he's creating a grammar rule without meaning to and it seems to be aptly fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment